Last Movie Watched

Movies, books, television, sports, and games.
Jjm3233

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by Jjm3233 » January 12th, 2019, 8:01 pm

The Predator - C+

borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix » January 14th, 2019, 9:06 am

Jjm3233 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 8:01 pm
The Predator - C+
I keep wanting to rent something and that's been maybe the top contender, but based on reviews (critics and general moviegoers), I haven't been that jazzed about seeing it. Guess I'll continue to put it off.

My last was "Replicas", the Keanu Reeves sci-fi movie in which he's trying to transfer human consciousness/memories into robots such that the dead can continue to live. It's interesting that this could be seen as a kind of technological Frankenstein, while the movie itself feels like Frankenstein's monster in that it feels like different movies cobbled together (especially in the climactic third). While Reeves has show the ability to effortlessly slip into a character (both John Wick movies), in "Replicas" his performance is more along the lines of the stilted manner of most of the rest of his filmography. It is interesting in the moral/ethical dilemmas that arise from the main characters decision, but the movie skirts depth in tracking the consequences (and glosses over the myriad of problems inherent in what he tries), deciding to end on an one-dimensional action thriller note.

Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla » March 3rd, 2019, 11:28 am

I'm trying to remember the last film I watched start-to-finish...

Dang, it's been a while. Might have been...Sleepy Hollow.

Yesterday I saw a bit of CE3K...

I've watched Ghost in the Shell a number of times in the last few months...
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming

Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla » March 24th, 2019, 3:15 am

I watched the end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country; and the beginning of Winchester. Neither was terribly appealing.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming