Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discuss Episodes 7-9 here.
thepepgal

Re: Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by thepepgal »

Mark Hamill is in Prague. I presume LFL are shooting there.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Rumour of a scene with Kylo and the force ghost of anakin and somehow a darth vader force ghost...
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I heard the ghost will be Luke. it works with the line by Luke to Kylo "see ya around kid".
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Matt Smith (Dr Who) and Dominic Monaghan (Lord of the Rings) have both been cast in the film. No news on what their roles will be.
Talcy

Post by Talcy »

I have a feeling Smith may be a Knight of Ren.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Maybe it’s me getting old, or perhaps something else, but I just have very little interest in IX. Do you guys remember the fun we had making predictions for the PT?!
The only thing that has my interest at all is Favareu’s “The Mandalorian”.
Am I the only Senator that feels this way? Do you find my lack of faith disturbing?
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

No not at all. I think the fact that there can be no Han, Force ghost Luke and Leia is limited to outtakes from TLJ makes people less interested.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

thepepgal wrote: December 5th, 2018, 3:36 pm No not at all. I think the fact that there can be no Han, Force ghost Luke and Leia is limited to outtakes from TLJ makes people less interested.
At this point there is no cohesive story line, and they’ve made it depressingly clear connective tissue to the OT and PT is not high on their priority list.
I’m gonna see it not because I’m genuinely excited for it but because I feel obligated to because I’m invested. And that’s upsetting.
Darth Bangkok

Post by Darth Bangkok »

Siamese Sith wrote: December 5th, 2018, 2:05 pm Maybe it’s me getting old, or perhaps something else, but I just have very little interest in IX. Do you guys remember the fun we had making predictions for the PT?!
Am I the only Senator that feels this way? Do you find my lack of faith disturbing?
It could be age, yes. But after the hideousness of Episode VIII, star wars is all but a forgotten memory at this point. I'm only logging in today because I realized it's Christmas time and i hadn't read any news articles about Episode IX. Had to look it up on Wikipedia to remember it's coming out next year.

I long for the EU at this point. The 100 or so books I read.

This is the first of the PT and ST i won't see 2 times on opening night. Old man!

Hopefully i will see it a week or so after it opens bc the reception is great. But it's disney. Y hopes aren't high.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: December 5th, 2018, 2:05 pm Maybe it’s me getting old, or perhaps something else, but I just have very little interest in IX. Do you guys remember the fun we had making predictions for the PT?!
I'm looking forward to Episode IX and that comes from someone who really didn't think TFA was particularly great and who really dislikes (read: hate, and that's not a word I use lightly) TLJ and can't find any redeeming qualities with that movie. One thing I don't really have are expectations, but I don't think that Jar Jar can possibly screw things up as much as Rian Johnson could if Johnson had been in charge.
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Siamese Sith wrote: December 6th, 2018, 6:36 pm At this point there is no cohesive story line, and they’ve made it depressingly clear connective tissue to the OT and PT is not high on their priority list.
I’m gonna see it not because I’m genuinely excited for it but because I feel obligated to because I’m invested. And that’s upsetting.
Yeah, its an all around mess. Pretty much everything that was earned by the end of the OT was tossed in TFA. And there's little "connective tissue" between TFA and TLJ, let alone with the OT or PT.

I will see IX, but more out of morbid curiosity than any true excitement. My big hope is that they close out this trilogy so that the next three Episodes can start clean and be distanced from these. I'd really love if they jumped well in to the future to really leave VII - IX in the rear view window.

On the other hand, if they continue with the standalones like Solo and Rogue One, those would have me excited. Especially if they can continue with what they started at the end of Solo.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I will see it just to see how they correct the mess they have left the film in. Their plans were changed once Carrie died. Todd Fisher is happy with how they have included her.

There won't be a follow up to Solo as the film bombed which was why they announced the cancellation of the last stand alone.
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

thepepgal wrote: January 5th, 2019, 3:27 am I will see it just to see how they correct the mess they have left the film in.
Correct the mess? They might worsen it. I'm kind of expecting the latter. Again, there's some morbid curiosity on my part as to how much more of a mess they can create.
There won't be a follow up to Solo as the film bombed which was why they announced the cancellation of the last stand alone.
That's a shame. Wrong message for them to take from it. Of course, Magnus mentioned in one of these threads that Rian Johnson's trilogy might be cancelled to. That's closer to the right message. Really, though, I wish they'd take a better look at their process for churning these things out like its an assembly line and examine how their rigid fixture on sticking to release dates and mucking with things behind the scenes has led to a lot of quality problems with the movies.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Richard E. Grant is playing a familiar character.... who? I can't think what role he could fit into?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Cassus Fett wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:21 am Richard E. Grant is playing a familiar character.... who? I can't think what role he could fit into?
There's speculation that he'll appear as Obi-Wan.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Two years ago they announced TLJ name. Wonder when they'll announce this one

Master Magnus wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:24 pm
Cassus Fett wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:21 am Richard E. Grant is playing a familiar character.... who? I can't think what role he could fit into?
There's speculation that he'll appear as Obi-Wan.
Ah ok thats interesting.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

[/quote]
That's a shame. Wrong message for them to take from it. Of course, Magnus mentioned in one of these threads that Rian Johnson's trilogy might be cancelled to.
[/quote]

Come April 15th when there isn't a peep about Rian Johnson's trilogy I think many youtubers will be posting they're own celebration video's.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Anthony Daniels has finish his princpial shooting on Ep 9.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Brian Herring who is BB-8's puppeteer has finished filming Ep 9.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Principal photography has finished and the wrap party has been held. Some of the cast has posted on Twitter if you want to see the party

Only 10 months (give or take a few days) to the movie's release.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:53 am Principal photography has finished and the wrap party has been held. Some of the cast has posted on Twitter if you want to see the party

Only 10 months (give or take a few days) to the movie's release.
And hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Master Magnus wrote: February 17th, 2019, 11:38 am And hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.
Yeah. I won't be staying away from spoilers. Want to have all the info I can get to decide whether I go to see it or not.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Interesting enough I was at a scifi meeting a couple of months ago and a bootleg trailer was shown for Ep 9 and looking at it I felt it could have been released by LFL. There was footage I hadn't seen. Only problem it was too long to be a teaser.
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

Aye, I remember those times. That's what brought me to the Galactic Senate.

This time around I'm not even sure I know the PT well enough to be making predictions, which is just kind of sad.

It really is a shame they didn't properly plan as soon as they acquired the rights. I expected Disney to handle this better.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Master Shrive wrote: February 24th, 2019, 10:47 pm
Aye, I remember those times. That's what brought me to the Galactic Senate.

This time around I'm not even sure I know the PT well enough to be making predictions, which is just kind of sad.

It really is a shame they didn't properly plan as soon as they acquired the rights. I expected Disney to handle this better.
Yes, I also thought they would...

Phew, that's a lot of tumbleweed... The news is slow and no word on the first teaser/trailer.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags I predict a teaser will arrive in 35 days for SW Celebration. How much more news we hear will be anyone guess but probably not much.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

thepepgal wrote: March 6th, 2019, 1:56 pm Mags I predict a teaser will arrive in 35 days for SW Celebration. How much more news we hear will be anyone guess but probably not much.
Yeah I think you are right it will.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: March 6th, 2019, 1:56 pm Mags I predict a teaser will arrive in 35 days for SW Celebration. How much more news we hear will be anyone guess but probably not much.
I think you're right. Another possibility is that it might drop sooner with an extended trailer for Celebration.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags, it's only a month away so a teaser trailer and "a clip package of behind scenes and quotes" (for attendees) like they have produced for the first two in the ST. If they were going to release a teaser before the con, I would have thought they would have put it with Captain Marvel movie. The longer trailer will release with Avengers: Endgame.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

In around 3 hours time, the panel for this movie will commence and we have more info including a title. Go to the OS to find out.