Live-action: "The Mandalorian" (2019)

Master Magnus

Live-action: "The Mandalorian" (2019)

Post by Master Magnus »

Disney's Bob Iger has revealed plans for a Star Wars live-action show to start airing on Disney's new streaming service in 2019: The Hollywood Reporter

Here's hoping that the scripts for Star Wars: Underworld will finally make it to television...
Master Kinnon

Re: Untitled Live-Action Series (2019)

Post by Master Kinnon »

An Underworld series would be awesome. If this is the direction they go in I’d hope for no Force shenanigans.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I'm actually a little pissed with Disney for adding yet another streaming service to the already bloated platform! Netflix just raised their monthly fee, I really don't want to pay for another streaming service to be able to watch this!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Jon Favreau will executive produce and write the live-action Star Wars television series that will debut on Disney's own streaming platform according to a press release on StarWars.com:
StarWars.com wrote:Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series
The director of Iron Man and The Jungle Book will helm the series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
StarWars.com

Fortunately, Netflix Europe will still carry Disney's material...
Master Kinnon

Post by Master Kinnon »

I’m actually looking forward to this, I think he’ll do a really good job with it.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

According to Favreau, the series will be set seven years after ROTJ: Polygon
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

A correction has been announced and it is now set 7 years after Battle of Yavin.

Here is a link to the interview with Jon Favreau

https://nerdist.com/jon-favreau-star-wa ... V%20Series
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: May 12th, 2018, 7:35 pm A correction has been announced and it is now set 7 years after Battle of Yavin.

Here is a link to the interview with Jon Favreau

https://nerdist.com/jon-favreau-star-wa ... V%20Series
You beat me to it! :)
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Jon Favreau's Star Wars television series is rumored to start shooting next week and there are set photos floating around.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Seen the set shots, i have. Unimpressive. Looks a similar to Tatooine, but definitely a new planet.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: September 29th, 2018, 5:23 pm Seen the set shots, i have. Unimpressive. Looks a similar to Tatooine, but definitely a new planet.
:yoda: :P

I agree that they're not that impressive, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Master Magnus

Re: "The Mandalorian" Live-Action Series (2019)

Post by Master Magnus »

The live-action series now has a name, The Mandalorian. A synopsis can be found here: The Verge
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

Interesting. I'll certainly be giving it a watch. That said, I thought they might set the live-action series in a different time period.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The OS has released the first official image.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

More pics on the OS including a visit by George Lucaas.

https://www.starwars.com/news/behind-th ... andalorian
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The OS has announced Pedro Pascal has been cast as the lead in the show. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Warrior).

https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pas ... andalorian
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Damn they Blacked out the Manadlorian footage!!! I can't wait for November!
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The trailer has dropped at D23 and now available to watch on the OS. It's ok but still not enough for me to subscribe to Disney+.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I got the 3 years for $140.00 discounted price by signing up to D23 basic membership. I’m still more excited for the Mandalorian than Episode IX! I’m also looking forward to the Obi Wan series and the Cassian Andor Series. Also being able to watch TCW and Rebels when ever I want is a nice perk.
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

thepepgal wrote: August 24th, 2019, 3:47 pm The trailer has dropped at D23 and now available to watch on the OS. It's ok but still not enough for me to subscribe to Disney+.
Can we get access to it here in Australia yet?

Honestly, if the price is fair and they offer the three years for two deal, I will probably get on board. With Star Wars and Marvel content I think they could keep me entertained for at least that long.

This all presumes they release the app for my LG TV, which is a couple of years old now too.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

The 3 for 2 deal ended on 9/2 here in the US, not sure if it was offered world wide. All I had to do was sign up for a basic D23 membership which was free.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Master Shrive wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:59 am
Can we get access to it here in Australia yet?

Honestly, if the price is fair and they offer the three years for two deal, I will probably get on board. With Star Wars and Marvel content I think they could keep me entertained for at least that long.

This all presumes they release the app for my LG TV, which is a couple of years old now too.
Disney + arrives 19 Nov which is one week after it starts in the US. Disney's agreements with Foxtel and Stan finish in October.

The only thing I watch on Disney are the SW shows and only on the first run. I see no point paying for something that I will get so little use out of.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I have a 10 y/o boy and a 3 y/o girl there’s plenty of content for myself and the kids. I’m looking forward to rewatching TCW and SWR series with my son and wife!
Plus I’m fully invested in the MCU so there’s that as well.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

The second trailer is looking good, the new footage reiterates that this series will fit well in the franchise and hopefully help flesh out some characters from the ST
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

First two episodes have totally eclipsed anything the ST has shown so far! It feels like the Star Wars I grew up loving, the sounds, locales and characters feel right. This is the Star Wars we were expecting when the ST was announced!
If they don’t merchandise the crap outta the 50 year old youngling they’re insane!!! And I thought baby froot was awesome, this lil guy runs circles around baby Groot!
Javen

Post by Javen »

Terrible show. Did nothing for me so far.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Javen you’re gonna make baby YODA cry!
Javen

Post by Javen »

Looks more like some green Gremlin. Looks silly, is silly.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Javen wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:27 am Looks more like some green Gremlin. Looks silly, is silly.
Don't get it wet or feed it after midnight. :laugh:
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Loving the series so far
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato