Star Wars Celebration Chicago, April 11-15, 2019

Blizzard

Star Wars Celebration Chicago, April 11-15, 2019

Post by Blizzard »

FIVE DAYS of Star Wars!! Celebration 8!

5-days passes sold out in record time, two days. Saturday is sold out, too. Only Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday day passes are left.

Celebration 7 in Orlando sold out in 2 months, I just missed it by a week. I waited to get my tickets because they had never sold out before. This time I got them minutes after the sale opened, it's too close to home. I couldn't find a hotel with 5 nights in a row, so I got a hostel. My son, the urban explorer, will be sleeping on a rooftop somewhere, assuming there isn't a blizzard that weekend.

Did anyone else score tickets in time? :falcon:
Keeping kittens warm since 1998.
borgmatrix

Re: Star Wars Celebration Chicago, April 11-15, 2019

Post by borgmatrix »

Blizzard wrote: June 10th, 2018, 8:50 pm FIVE DAYS of Star Wars!! Celebration 8!

5-days passes sold out in record time, two days. Saturday is sold out, too. Only Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday day passes are left.
I went to my first convention ever last year (Star Trek) and my focus this year was again on Star Trek Las Vegas, so the SW Celebration Chicago wasn't on my radar when tickets first went on sale. I saw the headlines for the 5-day passes selling out, and that was my first awareness of it. Didn't think much of it at the time, but then two friends brought up tentative plans to go and we decided to do it. Like you pointed out, we discovered Saturday being sold out, which was a bummer, but we grabbed tix for the other days.

My one friend, like you, had been before and said he'd never seen them go this fast before.
lovelucas

Post by lovelucas »

Is anyone attending this one?
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

lovelucas wrote: August 6th, 2018, 8:37 am Is anyone attending this one?
I am.
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

I look forward to meeting you, Borg!
Keeping kittens warm since 1998.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Blizz please tell us about The Mandalorian footage!!!
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Siamese Sith wrote: April 14th, 2019, 1:00 pm Blizz please tell us about The Mandalorian footage!!!
What we saw looked movie quality. Very physical, tangible, tactile feel to it. Action looks very well filmed, clear, dynamic. I think the combination of Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and the other directors involved is going to mean big things and high quality. Looks amazing.