Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (NO SPOILERS)

Discuss Episodes 7-9 here.
thepepgal

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (NO SPOILERS)

Post by thepepgal »

For our senators who wish to stay spoiler free about the upcoming movie this year. Post here

Edit: to change name of thread.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Darth Fool

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Darth Fool »

I've not really been thinking about Episode VIII, but today I started getting excited during the panel. Then they showed the teaser and I was kinda deflated. Here's some images of stuff... new film out in December... 'kay bye.

I liked the poster though.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

I liked the teaser it delivered it's namesake.
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
Javen

Post by Javen »

It's a teaser which isn't suppose to give away plot or anything for that matter, but people act like it's suppose to be something it isn't. Disappointed over what? I had no expectations of a teaser which I guarantee won't even have 90% of what they showed in it will even make it to the final movie.
Darth Fool

Post by Darth Fool »

The film is so far off that at this stage I don't have a problem with them only giving us a small glimpse of what to expect, but I've preferred the first glimpses of all the other films. I found those exciting and rewatched them quite a bit. This one just didn't do much for me.
toVor

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (NO SPOILERS)

Post by toVor »

So here is what's on my mind lately as I think about Star Wars...

Regardless of your thoughts on the prequels, the trailers for each of those three movies were fantastic, visually stunning and emotionally exciting.
So why is that I have been entirely unimpressed with a solid "meh" feeling at the trailer and teasers to The Last Jedi? Have I missed something, or are they missing something? No doubt I'll be there on opening day because as a lifelong fan that goes without saying, but I'm just blah at what I've seen of the new film.

Is it just me or are other fans feeling the same way?

And btw, I absolutely loved The Force Awakens. But until seeing the Falcon soar into view in that 2nd or 3rd teaser, they underwhelmed me as well. The teasers did, I mean.
"Your focus determines your reality." --Qui-Gon Jinn
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." --John Lennon
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

toVor wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 12:08 pm Is it just me or are other fans feeling the same way?

And btw, I absolutely loved The Force Awakens. But until seeing the Falcon soar into view in that 2nd or 3rd teaser, they underwhelmed me as well. The teasers did, I mean.
Though teasers usually are underwhelming or don't show much, right? I'm usually more interested in the first full trailer for a given movie, because that will actually show something (and usually too much).

I'm with you on The Last Jedi teaser being very underwhelming, but I wasn't that surprised given it was a teaser.
toVor

Post by toVor »

Back in 1998 we got our first full--and mind blowing--trailer for TPM about 6 months before the premier. We're about 2.5 months away this time. What's Lucasfilm waiting for?
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

toVor wrote: October 5th, 2017, 2:24 am Back in 1998 we got our first full--and mind blowing--trailer for TPM about 6 months before the premier. We're about 2.5 months away this time. What's Lucasfilm waiting for?
We don't have to wait many more days, ol'Tov. It's most probably going to be released during Monday Night Football on Columbus Day.
toVor

Post by toVor »

Master Magnus wrote: October 5th, 2017, 1:40 pm
toVor wrote: October 5th, 2017, 2:24 am Back in 1998 we got our first full--and mind blowing--trailer for TPM about 6 months before the premier. We're about 2.5 months away this time. What's Lucasfilm waiting for?
We don't have to wait many more days, ol'Tov. It's most probably going to be released during Monday Night Football on Columbus Day.
Hot diggity!!! :w00t:
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The official Star Wars Twitter account has confirmed that the trailer will be released tomorrow: Star Wars on Twitter
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Here we are, a little over a week away from the first showings in the USA.

How are anticipation levels for you all?

I can say for myself that my hype levels aren't anywhere near as high as they were for TFA but that doesn't mean I'm not excited. If I had to guess it's because I have complete and utter faith that Rian Johnson will deliver a great movie that I don't have to amp myself up for it. It seems more like a forgone conclusion in my mind as opposed to a hope that it's a good one.
Former member of the EUDF - Dishonorably Discharged
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

Saw it! Liked it! Was not disappointed.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

Saw it! Liked it! Was not disappointed.
Master Kinnon

Post by Master Kinnon »

Agreed!