Fan Fiction: The Secret History of Boba Fett - Pt. 2: Impact

Lord Tesla

Fan Fiction: The Secret History of Boba Fett - Pt. 2: Impact

Post by Lord Tesla »

Okay, no one complained, so...Chapter Two:

II. Impact

There was a bang.

Sand replaced sky.

Fett hit the ground a hundred meters from the Sarlaac’s mouth. He lay on his face.

Priority one was getting the pack off, before it cooked off.

But it was hard just to raise his head. A debris field filled his field of vision.

Jabba was very likely dead, and rescue…

The pack.

Shrugging and ripping at the latches hurt like hell, but he got free. Now he needed to get away from it.

“Crawl!” he told himself. His legs were dead weight; his arms were all he had.

He clawed at the sand. He managed a weak, one-legged kick. He moved. Maybe ten meters separated him from the pack when it exploded. Sand and wreckage rained down on him, waking new pain along his back and legs.

If he could summon Slave I

A hiss escaped him as he reached for the shipcall. His hand closed on nothing where it should have been.

Painful minutes passed while he confirmed he had no blaster, no water, and nothing much else. His coverall legs were in tatters; his legs burned. Just how bad he couldn’t tell, but the pain said pretty bad.

Fett flopped over on his back. Pain made everything go dark.

When he came to, the suns were on the horizon. His mouth was dry and pain clung to him like a second skin.

Something moving intruded upon his agony. Glowing eyes in a stinking, hooded robe.

“Help me.” He turned his head from side to side; pains, sharp and grinding, dimmed his eyes. Jawas were everywhere, picking over the wreckage.

“I know you can understand me,” he said to the Jawa standing over him.

After the requisite threats and haggling, Fett found himself in a sandcrawler. He lay on a pallet of tarps and scraps of insulation, and he’d had something to drink. His wounds were unseen to. But he was alive. Sooner or later this rolling junk yard would reach a human outpost or settlement.

All he had to do was survive that long.

And that's the second chapter, 345 words. Five to go. Thanks for your attention. Comments and questions welcome. Encourage, in fact.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Javen

Re: Fan Fiction: The Secret History of Boba Fett - Pt. 2: Impact

Post by Javen »

Interesting. I was never much of a Boba fan, but I was always curious about Boba after ROTJ. I figured he was a survivor and went on some type of revenge after some time to collect himself. Looking forward to more.

I may put some of my stories up about SW.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Javen wrote: March 28th, 2017, 10:01 am Interesting. I was never much of a Boba fan, but I was always curious about Boba after ROTJ. I figured he was a survivor and went on some type of revenge after some time to collect himself. Looking forward to more.

I may put some of my stories up about SW.
Thanks for reading! There may be more as early as this evening: it's all written; all I need to do is polish a wee bit.

I've been more interested in Fett since Disney decanonized all the hoopty-doo in the EU. Took off on this series because I was looking for a non-Jedi direction to take Star Wars fan fics. Fett was an interesting change of pace.

Get those stories posted! This place is seriously under fan fictioned!
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
bango31

Post by bango31 »

I loved the Fett trilogy that took place immediately after the Sarlacc, but as you said, all of that got wiped out. I'd like to see new Fett stuff in the canon, but unfortunately Lucas made Fett a clone so they're kind of stuck with actor options for him.
I want to be Grand Admiral Thrawn when I grow up.