Welcome Senators

Relax and have fun with fellow Senators.
Marbleman

Re: Welcome Senators

Post by Marbleman »

Hey y'all. It's been awhile. :)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hello, all. I joined the Senate in early February 2006. 11 years!
"These bridges are clearly not built to code."
"Sure they are! The pirate code."
Jack

Post by Jack »

Is there going to be a forum for games here? Like the last letter word game and such?
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Jack wrote: March 28th, 2017, 5:52 pm Hello, all. I joined the Senate in early February 2006. 11 years!
I lurked the GS for a few years then started actively posting a few months before TPM....holy crap what is that 18/19 years!? OMG I've been a member longer than some Senators have been alive!
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Blizzee knows all:

Join dates:
Siamese Sith 09-15-2002
Cassus Fett 09-06-2004
Jack 02-10-2006
Lord Tesla 09-26-2007

SS I don't remember you at the old, old Senate, what was your name? Were you at Jedinet?
Keeping kittens warm since 1998.
Javen

Post by Javen »

I think I joined in 2001, but not for sure.

Welcome back, MM
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Blizzard wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:56 pm Blizzee knows all:

Join dates:
Siamese Sith 09-15-2002
Cassus Fett 09-06-2004
Jack 02-10-2006
Lord Tesla 09-26-2007
Thanks for posting that! I'm glad to know I was at least right about the month and the year.

Geez, ten years...

But a lot of good times here.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Join dates:
Siamese Sith 09-15-2002
Cassus Fett 09-06-2004
Jack 02-10-2006
Lord Tesla 09-26-2007

SS I don't remember you at the old, old Senate, what was your name? Were you at Jedinet?
When did it switch from Jedinet to the GS? I'm positive I visited the site around TPM launch time, I think I registered prior to 9-15-2002. Ehh what ever, I'm OLD school!
Obidobi

Post by Obidobi »

Join dates:
Siamese Sith 09-15-2002
Cassus Fett 09-06-2004
Jack 02-10-2006
Lord Tesla 09-26-2007

I think I joined in may 98 or 99. Not sure. :shock:
It's a trap.... :roll:
Darth Fool

Post by Darth Fool »

Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Obidobi wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 6:47 am I think I joined in may 98 or 99. Not sure. :shock:

Not sure, either. Your join date for the last Senate was 06-05-2002.

The Galactic Senate started November 1998. It crashed May of 1999 and we all moved to Jedinet.com briefly. The Senate reopened August 19th, 1999.

All the old Senators left around 2000 to go to The Drygyn Boards and The Blizzard Skies Arena (which I had to eventually shut down in order to get control of my website from another party). I was a mod at the Galactic Senate and Jedinet.com, then we merged with Jedinet.com and people started coming back.

Most of you I only remember from the 2002-2017 Senate and Jedinet. I have lost touch with a majority of the pre-2002 Senators such as Marajade, Mandalore007, Beck Malar, Whisper, Annie, Ladyfett, Lady Elwing, Anthony, James Madison, Meche, Doc, The5thjames, among others. At least Redmirax, Duke Skywalker and Leia are still here!!
toVor

Post by toVor »

Blizzee, did you by chance happen to have any of my old threads saved? I wish I could recreate them but I only have maybe a few stored on my memory card. Everything in my old computer is unobtainable as that computer is RIP.
"Your focus determines your reality." --Qui-Gon Jinn
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." --John Lennon
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

toVor wrote: April 4th, 2017, 12:38 am Blizzee, did you by chance happen to have any of my old threads saved? I wish I could recreate them but I only have maybe a few stored on my memory card. Everything in my old computer is unobtainable as that computer is RIP.
You mean like this? (It's from Jedinet, but still...)
Tovor's reborn, redone, recreated, renewed census for fellow fans. Please pay Saber a royalty before you enter(just kidding...honest. Sorry, Saber, couldn't resist!).

The Jedi Council Chamber: Ye Olde Prequel Watch: The Prequel Watch: Non-Spoilers: Yada, Yada, Yada: Miscellaneous: Tovor's reborn, redone, recreated, renewed census for fellow fans. Please pay Saber a royalty before you enter(just kidding...honest. Sorry, Saber, couldn't resist!).

By TOVEYROVEY (Tovor) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 11:35 pm:

Here we go again; once more into the breach. Back by popular demand, for your reading and posting pleasure, Tovor's new and improved questionaire; complete with additional questions and an unconditional money-back guarantee:
1-How old are you?
2-Where do you live?
3-Are you in school/college? What is your present or intended field of study?
4-What is your career? Your eventual goal?
5-Was your present or intended career inspired by your love for SW or sci-fi in general?
6-Are you married or in a relationship? If so, does your partner share, tolerate, or loath your SW obsession?
7-If you have kids, what are their ages, and do they enjoy SW?
8-In school, did friends and others respect your interest in SW, or did they look down on it in any way? What about at work?
9-How long have you been, and how did you become a fan; original releases, cable/video, Special Editions, curiousity of TPM hype, other?
10-Do you consider yourself a sci-fi fan outside of SW? If so, what are your favorite sci-fi:
A)Films
B)TV shows
C)Books
11-Do you like sci-fi films from the 50's and 60's?
12-Not to bash Star Trek, which I enjoy, but do you prefer Trekkie science technobabble, or more Warsian fantasy/hardware/battle-oriented sci-fi?
13-Do you or will you have your own webpage?
14-If a collector, what is your favorite SW item?
15-Do you have hobbies? What do you enjoy?
16-Do your write or draw sci-fi or fantasy?
17-How long have you been posting on Jedinet?
18-Don't you just hate people who blow their nose while you're eating?
19-What is the funniest Lucasfilm or SW-related quote you've heard(if you can think of any)?
20-Except for the Ewoks, what do you regret seeing/not seeing in the original trilogy?
21-If you could insert a profound line of dialogue into the original trilogy, what would it be?
22-Finally, the bonus question: if you could figuratively "consume" three people in order to gain, not their success, but their own particular insights, knowledge, attitude, and experience, who would they be?
I don't think I have anything recent, it has taken me a lifetime to stop saving everything and just accept loss. I only saved a couple things in this new start-over.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hey, Blizzee -- are we gonna get the games area back? You know, like "Last Letter Word Game" and whatnot?
toVor

Post by toVor »

That, sure. I wish I had saved some of the discussion topics I created. There were so many.
"Your focus determines your reality." --Qui-Gon Jinn
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." --John Lennon
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Jack wrote: April 4th, 2017, 10:35 am Hey, Blizzee -- are we gonna get the games area back? You know, like "Last Letter Word Game" and whatnot?
Start them in the Cantina. Maybe we'll make a new area for them later, maybe they won't need one.
Obidobi

Post by Obidobi »

Blizzard wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 10:45 pm
Obidobi wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 6:47 am I think I joined in may 98 or 99. Not sure. :shock:

Not sure, either. Your join date for the last Senate was 06-05-2002.

The Galactic Senate started November 1998. It crashed May of 1999 and we all moved to Jedinet.com briefly. The Senate reopened August 19th, 1999.

All the old Senators left around 2000 to go to The Drygyn Boards and The Blizzard Skies Arena (which I had to eventually shut down in order to get control of my website from another party). I was a mod at the Galactic Senate and Jedinet.com, then we merged with Jedinet.com and people started coming back.

Most of you I only remember from the 2002-2017 Senate and Jedinet. I have lost touch with a majority of the pre-2002 Senators such as Marajade, Mandalore007, Beck Malar, Whisper, Annie, Ladyfett, Lady Elwing, Anthony, James Madison, Meche, Doc, The5thjames, among others. At least Redmirax, Duke Skywalker and Leia are still here!!
I remember the skin was black and the letters yellovish brown. Not so long after everything changed.....
It's a trap.... :roll:
Jack

Post by Jack »

This is what the Senate looked like when I joined. I always liked this: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/200602 ... senate.com
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Jack wrote: April 6th, 2017, 10:36 am This is what the Senate looked like when I joined. I always liked this: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/200602 ... senate.com
Learn to create skins and it can look like that again. We need a skin guy, we banned the last one.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I remember a guy named jedibond007 or something, he got banned when I was a fledgling senator.
Speaking of banned Senators, I told Krogenar that T had dismantled the old GS and did a Extreme Makeover GS edition, would he be allowed to register on here? Or is Krogenar perma-banned?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Blizzard wrote: April 7th, 2017, 2:36 am Learn to create skins and it can look like that again. We need a skin guy, we banned the last one.
Yeahhh....I've tried the whole skinning thing in the past. Never been able to. Not in my skill set. Put out the call -- maybe there's another Senator here who can do that.
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Siamese Sith wrote: April 7th, 2017, 11:56 pm Or is Krogenar perma-banned?
As long as CJ doesn't come here just to be a prick and I have to hire mods to babysit him, I don't care.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Blizzard wrote: April 9th, 2017, 11:27 am
As long as CJ doesn't come here just to be a prick and I have to hire mods to babysit him, I don't care.
I'll let him know, I don't think he ever intended on things going south like they did, I just remember there was no love loss between him and Bendu.
Speaking of Bendu, anyone see or hear from him lately?
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

The banned skinner I mentioned above... Bendu. Damn I wish I knew where he was.

:welcomeback: Everyone!
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Blizzard wrote: April 9th, 2017, 7:47 pm The banned skinner I mentioned above... Bendu. Damn I wish I knew where he was.

:welcomeback: Everyone!
Oooh I thought he was a mod.
kommandant felix

Post by kommandant felix »

I have returned.
CJ790

Post by CJ790 »

Blizzard wrote: April 9th, 2017, 11:27 am
Ah. I sincerely apologise if I have ever caused upset or offence to anyone, that really was never my intention. Didn't ever want to cause friction, ruffle feathers or be a nuisance. Apologies.

Take care.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

kommandant felix wrote: April 10th, 2017, 4:41 pm I have returned.
Welcome! :)
Momin327

Post by Momin327 »

Can you freaking believe it? I hoped to celebrate my 15th anniversary, but find everything's changed. Still, signing up once again is an appropriate way to celebrate 15 years.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Momin327 wrote: May 10th, 2017, 3:35 pm Can you freaking believe it? I hoped to celebrate my 15th anniversary, but find everything's changed. Still, signing up once again is an appropriate way to celebrate 15 years.
Welcome back! :)