Live-action: "Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi" *Spoilers allowed*

borgmatrix

Re: Live-action: "Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi" *Spoilers allowed*

Post by borgmatrix »

Master Shrive wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 8:58 pm What do we think from here? Is that the end for Kenobi and Vader in live action series? Or will they find a way to continue?
You might have seen some of the info going around recently that this started out as a movie and that the writer had a trilogy in mind. From what he said, they used his work for the first movie for this miniseries, that would leave his plans for movies 2 and 3 available to be used. I guess. I don't think he actually wrote those, and he wasn't involved in adapting his movie idea for the miniseries, but... I suppose there's content there to mine from him.

Two obvious threads they could pick up are:
What Reva does next.
Obi-wan training with Qui-gon.

Or, would it be possible to do something with Obi-wan and Maul?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

borgmatrix wrote: June 28th, 2022, 3:59 pm
Master Shrive wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 8:58 pm What do we think from here? Is that the end for Kenobi and Vader in live action series? Or will they find a way to continue?
You might have seen some of the info going around recently that this started out as a movie and that the writer had a trilogy in mind. From what he said, they used his work for the first movie for this miniseries, that would leave his plans for movies 2 and 3 available to be used. I guess. I don't think he actually wrote those, and he wasn't involved in adapting his movie idea for the miniseries, but... I suppose there's content there to mine from him.

Two obvious threads they could pick up are:
What Reva does next.
Obi-wan training with Qui-gon.

Or, would it be possible to do something with Obi-wan and Maul?
In his script, Reva was killed by Vader and she never went to Tatooine (an ending I would've prefered).
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Overall I enjoyed the series. It had a nice feel about it. Obi-Wan, Leia and Tala were stand outs. Seeing Alderaan was good.

Reva living after having a lightsaber stuck in her chest was an issue with me. Especially considering she was able to travel to Tatooine and hunt Luke. Vader over so many movies and shows has shown that he kills rather than maime.

I like it to be just one series as I already knew that Obi-Wan, Vader, Leia and Luke etc couldn't be killed. This meant I was just enjoying the journey as all the battles and fight scenes were more filler then substance. Trying to find another reason that Obi-Wan leaves Tatooine could feel false.

If LFL was going to spin off something from this series then I would like it to be 'The Path'. Having a series showing this network would be interesting. They could have Quinlan Vos appear and use some of the minor characters from this.

Reva living means she might end up in the new Ahsoka series like Darth is. She and Ahsoka have a lot in common as both have issues with Anakin being Vader. They probably knew each other at the Temple though Ahsoka is older.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.