Page 760 of 760 FirstFirst ... 260660710750756757758759760
Results 11,386 to 11,397 of 11397

Thread: Survey: What's the Last Flick You Watched? Rate it!

Default Re: Survey: What's the Last Flick You Watched? Rate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Javen View Post
    Bleed for This - Starring Miles Teller and Aaron Eckhart and many other famous people lol

This is the true story of Vinny Paz a boxer who was in a near fatal car crash and came back to win the title within a year.
    I've seen some of Paz's fights, and enjoyed his style. Think I remember hearing about this being in the works, but lost track of it and didn't realize it happened.

Blog Entries

Stonewall - quite enjoyed it for what it was, but it was NOT a historical drama no matter what the makers claim, and the complete white washing is totally unacceptable.
    I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat; and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face

Blog Entries

Hacksaw Ridge - Been wanting to see this one for awhile. Mel Gibson pulls no punches and when the shit hits the fan, well he goes all the way in this bloody war based on Desmond Doss' incredible story.

Desmond(Andrew Garfield) is a peaceful guy and looks for no trouble but when Pearl Harbor happens he feels like he needs to contribute to the war even though he doesn't believe in violence or killing according to his beliefs. For awhile I did not understand why he truly chooses not to fire a weapon or even pick one up and even when I learn why it is still a bit ambiguous. Desmond meets Dorthy(Teresa Palmer) his wife to be who is a nurse and before long goes off to war. His life at home is and has always been turmoil, mainly because of his father(Hugo Weaving) who was also in the war at a younger age. He is a drunk and not very nice to anyone.

When Doss gets to bootcamp he is ridiculed and hazed because he refuses to even carry a rifle. The whole military is just about against him and either he uses a rifle or get discharged or the stockade. No matter what he will not go against his beliefs because he just wants to be a medic. But his father helps him because he knows the Colonel that he fought in war with and is able to sway him to write a letter on behalf of Doss.

When they get to Hacksaw Ridge the Soldiers before them have been getting slaughtered and before long so are Doss' company but the one guy who hated Doss is by his side at every moment as Doss attends to the injured as well as everyone else. Diss takes his job as a medic very seriously. Soon they are all overrun and have to call in firepower from Warships and as that is going on and the Soliders retreat back down off of Hacksaw Ridge, Desmond stays behind and save 75 men from the battlefield. And though he himself was injured is the only man in war that received a medal of honor and never used a gun.

Although I really liked this movie and it was pretty gory, some of the dialogue was not that good, mainly at the beginning. It was a bit cheesey, but it got better. Some other honorable mentions. Vince Vaughn was really good in this as well as Sam Worthington who plays Captain Glover. When you rent this watch through the credits some of the real guys are in it speaking.

I give it an A

Blog Entries

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. One of the worst pieces of crap I've ever watched. An intolerable sadistic mess without a raison d'Ítre. The motivations of the characters... Well, in the sense one can speak of characters, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Horrible, is the only word that comes to mind. The "actor" playing Lex Luthor was cringe-inducing. I really hated this garbage: F-

After I had watched the movie, I read that it had won a very well-deserved Razzie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Magnus View Post
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. One of the worst pieces of crap I've ever watched. An intolerable sadistic mess without a raison d'Ítre. The motivations of the characters... Well, in the sense one can speak of characters, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Horrible, is the only word that comes to mind. The "actor" playing Lex Luthor was cringe-inducing. I really hated this garbage: F-

After I had watched the movie, I read that it had won a very well-deserved Razzie.
    I totally agree. It was horrible. I don't have a problem with Ben Affleck as Batman but the whole movie was utter chaos and just terrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Javen View Post
    I totally agree. It was horrible. I don't have a problem with Ben Affleck as Batman but the whole movie was utter chaos and just terrible.
    I don't have a problem with Affleck either (and Cavill is a decent Superman), but as you said, the movie was utter chaos. An awful, awful mess!

I've watched two movies on Netflix:

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012). A rather good Spider-Man movie. I liked that they went back to the original concept of Peter Parking building gadgets to shoot webbing. B-

12 Years A Slave (2013). I read Northup's autobiography with the same title some time ago and McQueen's movie does it justice. Excellent acting and directing all around. A

Blog Entries

La La Land - A

Hacksaw Ridge - A-

Doctor Strange - B
    PSN ID: Jjm3233

Chuck: My God, I am in the bathroom! Is there nothing sacred to you people?
    Casey: Just the right to bear arms.

Blog Entries

The Island (2005) starring Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Steve Buscemi, Sean Bean and with a small role by Ethan Philips (Neelix in ST: VOY) and directed by Michael Bay.

The movie started out in a very similar fashion to Lucas's THX 1138, but then evolves more to a mix of various similar movies/novels. McGregor was excellent as alway, Johansson (whose last name just struck me hasn't been anglicized to for example Johnson. Her grandfather was Swedish) was alright and Bean was somewhat creepy. I had never heard of this movie and despite being directed by Bay and with a screenplay by Kurtzman/Orci, I thought it was pretty good. B-

Blog Entries

Arrival - It was interesting and good. A

Manchester by the Sea - B

Blog Entries

Dr. Strange. Excellent, very much excellent.

Logan. Wolverine has always been my favorite of the X-Men, along with Xavier, so this was something I was keen to see. Confusing in parts for me, as I'm not well versed in X-Men backstories so there was a lot that I didn't quite understand in this film set in the future, 2029 to be exact. I'm not sure what exactly happened to certain characters prior to that point in time to explain and why there was little to no mention of the other well known X-Men characters. However, I have the feeling that long time X-Men fans will pick things up right away and not be confused at all.
    That was the negative for me.
    The positive? It was an excellent film, an emotional and gut wrenching story, and all-out hands-down the best Wolverine movie, one of the very best X-Men films, and an outstanding super-hero movie overall. Top notch, top shelf, top quality. Oh, and one thing that often makes me cringe in these or any type of movie is the cutsie child with magical powers that gets mixed up in a story but played by a child actor who really can't act except in generic and cliche mannerisms. Now that I've set that up, let me say that the young girl in this film is one hell of an actress, a child actress no less, and she delivers a portrayal that won my heart over and made me truly believe in her as a character. She tugged on the heart strings; not at first because in the beginning she is a mystery slow to unfold, but when "her pages open" so to speak, and her truth and her heart begin to show, I became vested. Logan has always since the first movie kept a lot close to the chest and it takes a lot for him to open up. In this movie he is again as he always was but even more so than before. More closed off to others, feelings guarded with only anger to show, and an unwillingness to get involved except for his total commitment to protect Charles at all costs. But like The Transporter, or Leon in The Professional, or himself in the first movie, when Logan finally commits he goes all out.

As for the advice made by many fans to bring a box of tissues with you, it had some shocking scenes and yes...it will make you cry.

Damn good movie. Damned good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovor View Post
    Dr. Strange. Excellent, very much excellent.
    It was good, wasn't it. Admittedly, hurt by the fact that we've seen so many origins already, and this followed that template pretty closely. Still, I like this character's world, and I'd put it among my favorite Marvel movies.

Confusing in parts for me, as I'm not well versed in X-Men backstories so there was a lot that I didn't quite understand in this film set in the future, 2029 to be exact. I'm not sure what exactly happened to certain characters prior to that point in time to explain and why there was little to no mention of the other well known X-Men characters. However, I have the feeling that long time X-Men fans will pick things up right away and not be confused at all.
    To my knowledge, this was their own take and not based on a particular comic story or backstory. You're right that they were vague on details beyond Logan, Charles, and Laura, but that was by design because they wanted to keep the focus there, on this standalone story, rather than having people focus and wonder about other stuff off-screen or in the past. With respect to other X-men characters, and I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to or not, but
    Spoilers! Press to reveal

Blog Entries

Logan - A+
    PSN ID: Jjm3233

Chuck: My God, I am in the bathroom! Is there nothing sacred to you people?
    Casey: Just the right to bear arms.