Page 568 of 568 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 8520

Thread: Crap

Default Re: Crap

Hewwo.

Crazy times over here. Last night deputies and firefighters were going door to door, offering to boat people out of here. Five blocks south of us, Dry Creek (yeah, right) had overflowed a teensy, tiny, wee little bit, to the point that the road was impassable. Being an American male, I didn't want to leave until I had to, because of the social stigma associated with premature evacuation. So I stayed.

About 5AM or so, I felt a strong disturbance in the Force, so I went out. Was able to get past the formerly flooded bridge to the south, but had to backtrack and take the one other road in my neighborhood to get out. All the people that did sign up for the Viking River Cruise had parked their cars just around the corner from that bridge, blocking the road completely. I managed to get down the street to the Circle K, so I bought some coke, (the soda) and chatted with the clerk, who got to work 5 hours late, because whole sections of 71 were closed because of being under water. Just a mile east of me, 71 was the site of multiple water rescues.

I left the store and started back to the house, but then I thought to keep going . . . towards the river. Five blocks north of the house, the road splits into an oversized roundabout, looking quite a bit like the eye of a needle, before resuming a straight, downward slope to the Colorado.

I came out of the eye, went about 50 yards, and stopped cold. The road was flooded, but looking beyond, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, was completely submerged. I saw a diamond shaped road sign with only about 2 feet of its pole above water, no further than 20 yards away. Front yards turned into lakes. A few patches of colored metal that could only be the roofs of cars turned into U-Boats. As I said, the road slopes down to the river, so everything beyond what the headlights lit up is almost certainly a total loss. Maybe a dozen homes and contents, a couple dozen cars, who knows.
    Attention all units! The use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers . . . has been approved.

Blog Entries

^ "Damn!"
    There's no permanaence in the universe of change. ~Zedekk

Weeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll . . . .

Apparently, my weather options out here are as follows:

A) I can wonder when the next big wildfire is gonna burn down half the goddamn county, or . . .

B) I can listen to the prophets of doom on the TV, whom I suspect with a rather malignant good cheer, are telling all of us that just for the sake of variety, it is going to rain EVEN MORE. Tee-hee! Time to mount my amplifiers and speaker cabinets on the F-250 like that dude in Fury Road . . .

Sing along with me and Stevie Ray if you want to . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVjd...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by redsabre; 11-05-2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Attention all units! The use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers . . . has been approved.

Blog Entries

Crap, my mom smoked herself to death in April and now my brother is drinking himself to death. He's in the Fargo hospital with blood clots in his lungs after sitting in his semi truck trying to drink away what he thought was a heart attack. He just did a couple stints in Hazelden, too. You know... that treatment place where Robin Williams went right before he died. My dumb ass brother is 49, his dad drank himself to death and died at age 41, His mom's mom did the same thing. He learned nothing from that and is just following them to the grave.
    Crap.
    Keeping kittens warm since 1999.

Blog Entries

There's no permanaence in the universe of change. ~Zedekk

Blog Entries

So sorry Bliz, that sucks.
    I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat; and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Crap, my mom smoked herself to death in April and now my brother is drinking himself to death. He's in the Fargo hospital with blood clots in his lungs after sitting in his semi truck trying to drink away what he thought was a heart attack. He just did a couple stints in Hazelden, too. You know... that treatment place where Robin Williams went right before he died. My dumb ass brother is 49, his dad drank himself to death and died at age 41, His mom's mom did the same thing. He learned nothing from that and is just following them to the grave.
    Crap.
    So very sorry to hear that, Blizz!

Blog Entries

Crap.

In the past 10 days, my wife lost her old neighbour who was pretty much a gran figure to her since childhood, my parents lost one of their dogs, breaking my Dad's heart, and now my wife's cousin has lost her little 14 month old daughter tonight.

The universe can take a fucking run and jump right now. No Star Wars movie can make anything better now. :'(

Blog Entries

The last week has been terrible. That is all.
    I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat; and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face

Blog Entries

In the past week, I've had a good scarf stolen from one cinema, my bag has been stolen from the bar in another cinema (with at least a year's worth of notes in a notebook), we've had intruders in our garden again, this time damaging the back dividing fence, pulling it back to a 45 degree angle so they could gain access and now, two weeks after surgery, my voice is worse and I fear it has been severely damaged for good.

Life can go f*** itself after this week!
    Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

Blog Entries

Jesus boys!

Anti-Crap
    If you haven't seen my Facebook I have broken my fibula right near the ankle.

It happen while playing American Football, I play FS and deep into the 3 Qtr thier RB broke through as I came up to engage him he turned so I planted my foot to turn to give chase and ultimately bring him down when my right foot gave way and I heard a huge crack.

I'm ok now in hospital, been operated on. Pins and plate been put in. Should be out of here when they are happy I'm safe on crutches
    Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

Blog Entries

Crap fuckin crap.

I have been locked out of the Senate for 3 months by Firefox, but I was bound and determined to post here today.

Because fuck, we lost Carrie.

Blog Entries

Crap for a lot of things.