Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: TV: Announced: Star Wars Rebels. Animated Star Wars Series

Blog Entries

Default Re: TV: Announced: Star Wars Rebels. Animated Star Wars Series

I really enjoyed spotting the Ghost in Rogue One. Also after reviewing an article on "Easter eggs you missed in Rogue One" when I re-watched it I was sure to look out for chopper. I hope that Rebels brings in Blue Leader, because there is a character I'd like to know more about!
    There's no permanaence in the universe of change. ~Zedekk

Zedekk, remember Red squadron was originally in Ep4 was going to be called Blue squadron until they realised that the blue on the helmets would be lost on the blue screen sfx. When I saw the squad apprear in R1, I thought it was a nice nod and explained why they weren't there in ANH.
    Remember, the Force is with you always.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thepepgal View Post
    Zedekk, remember Red squadron was originally in Ep4 was going to be called Blue squadron until they realised that the blue on the helmets would be lost on the blue screen sfx. When I saw the squad apprear in R1, I thought it was a nice nod and explained why they weren't there in ANH.
    I did not realize that that was the case, thepepgal. However, I still would like to see Blue Leader represented in the Rebels TV show before his untimely demise in the battle of Scarif.

His name is General Antoc Merrick.

Wookieepedia has this info on him from the Rogue One novel and other sources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Antoc_Merrick
    Remember, the Force is with you always.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zedekk View Post
    I really enjoyed spotting the Ghost in Rogue One. Also after reviewing an article on "Easter eggs you missed in Rogue One" when I re-watched it I was sure to look out for chopper. I hope that Rebels brings in Blue Leader, because there is a character I'd like to know more about!
    Loved seeing the Ghost and Chopper in R1, it really made me smile. It would be great to see some of the other R1 characters in Rebels. The General would be one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zedekk View Post
    I did not realize that that was the case, thepepgal. However, I still would like to see Blue Leader represented in the Rebels TV show before his untimely demise in the battle of Scarif.
    This again!
    I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat; and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thepepgal View Post
    His name is General Antoc Merrick.

Wookieepedia has this info on him from the Rogue One novel and other sources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Antoc_Merrick
    Thanks for this

Blog Entries

StarWars.com has announced that the fourth season of Star Wars: Rebels is in production and is set to premiere this fall:

StarWars.com: Star Wars Rebels to Return for Fourth Season This Fall

Wonder if that will be the last season...

I think Rebels will be able to wrap up all the loose ends in the 4th season, I pray the Lucas film story group will figure out a way to keep Thrawn alive, and perhaps figure out a way to work Sabine and Ezra into either the ST or a Mando-centric show. For all those complaining about Thrawn I reiterate patience! There's a reason General Syndulla was the only member of Pheonix Squadron called for on Yavin IV in Rogue One....ohh and Chopper also.
    Next weeks episode will likely see Chopper caught and reprogrammed and that will give Thrawn the location of Chopper base.
    The following episode will see the Maul V Obi Wan rematch, and then the season finale will likely see Callus unwittingly giving the rebels bad info which puts what Mon Motha just accomplished this week in peril. Thrawn will decimate the newly formed Rebel Alliance I suspect Callus will not be back for season 4 along with Zeb and possibly Kanaan as well. I think Ezra will be rescued by Sabine after the destruction and Ezra will blame himself for not being able to save Kanaan.

Just watched the Twin Suns episode, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Kenobi just sends Ezra off??? He doesn't know this kid and Maul even calls him apprentice! Isn't that kinda dangerous, what if The empire caught him!? They'd be able to find Kenobi and end all hope!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siamese Sith View Post
    Just watched the Twin Suns episode, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Kenobi just sends Ezra off??? He doesn't know this kid and Maul even calls him apprentice! Isn't that kinda dangerous, what if The empire caught him!? They'd be able to find Kenobi and end all hope!
    It's a vast desert. I think he will be ok and he knows what to do.

Maul vs Obi was short and sweet. I believe that was the point. To have a proper end for Maul for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Javen View Post

Maul vs Obi was short and sweet. I believe that was the point. To have a proper end for Maul for good.
    It was short and sweet, it definitely was the right way to go for this duel, I liked how it felt like an old Samurai Movie show down between two master swords men.
    And it was interesting when they pointed it out on Rebels Recon that Maul tried the same move against Obi Wan that he did to Qui Gon but failed.
    And the last scene with Obi Wan looking out at the Lars homestead from a distance at dusk totally gave me the feels! Beautiful scene!
    Looking forward to next weeks finale! Thrawn is gonna wreck shop, and they better not kill Thrawn off!!! He's still got so much potential.
    Last edited by Siamese Sith; 03-20-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siamese Sith View Post
    I got the impression that Obi-Wan realized that Ezra was trying to help keep Maul away. The other thing is Obi-Wan knows Maul, he is right not to worry about what the ex-Sith is trying to imply by calling Ezra "apprentice".
    Quote Originally Posted by Javen View Post

I really liked that it was short. Gave Obi-Wan this sense of mastership and Maul as being a has-been.

Do any of you have any feelings about what Obi Wan said to Maul about "the chosen one"?
    He was referring to Luke right?
    So Obi Wan currently figures there's no way Anakin could be the chosen one so the prophecy must be referring to Luke?
    Now Obi Wan has been training in isolation on Tatooine with Qui Gon, you'd think since Qui Gon is one with the Force he could see the outcome and be like "Hey Obi Wan I know it looks like I made a bad call on Tatooine all those years ago, but trust me...it'll all work out"