Thread: MOVIES: An American Carol

Blog Entries

Default MOVIES: An American Carol

Michael Moore fans... prepare to grump.

Michael Moore detractors... prepare to laugh.

David Zucker (Airplane) has written and directed a new comedy that sends up and parodies Michael Moore. The character Michael Malone, a documentary director known for stirring up controversy, joins a campaign to abolish the 4th of July, LOL. Moore would never do that, but it's funny anyway. Anyway, apparently the ghosts of past, present and future visit him and try to show him his country's good sides.

I know certain people are going to pan this right out of the gate, but I think it sounds funny no matter what side of the fence you graze on. Zucker has been hit or miss these days, so who knows...

Leslie Nielsen is in it... so perfect!

Kelsey Grammar is in it, supposedly he plays the ghost of past General Patton, lol. For some reason that sounds funny to me.

And Michael Malone is played by Chris Farley's brother Kevin, who sort of resembles Chris, and in some of the scenes from this film reminds you eerily of Chris, especially with facial expressions.

So let the mudslinging begin, lol...
    -kopernikuz

Default Re: MOVIES: An American Carol

It actually sounds like a fairly amusing concept, but with the state of parody films nowadays, I have zero faith that this will turn out good.
    I just saw an ad for "Disaster Movie" last night and i nearly through a brick threw my tv screen. Gawd, that looks awful.
    "Oh, what the :censored: happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you :censored: morons."

My Running Diaries of Star Wars: OT ; TPM ; AOTC ; ROTS

PSN ID: RollaFett

Blog Entries

Default Re: MOVIES: An American Carol

I agree on the parody thing... though even Zucker's takeover of the Scary Movies, while hit or miss, was way better than Seltzer's parody crap that's come out (Disaster, Epic, Date, etc...). I'm absolutely in shock that they keep giving Seltzer/Friedburg money to make movies... I thought they'd finally get canned after the just horribly awful and terribly unfunny Meet the Spartans.

He's not been able to revive the awesomeness of the Airplane films... but he's still better at it than Seltzer... don't judge this film based on Zucker wannabes, lol. The trailer looks kind of funny, but doesn't show much to go on. I'm trying to find a link to it... they aired it on O'Reilly last night... he has a cameo in it, lol.
    Last edited by kopernikuz; 08-15-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    -kopernikuz