Thread: Has TV influenced the story?

Jonan Mephi Guest

Question Has TV influenced the story?

I was just curious what your feelings were on some of the TV show / cartoons that have been released over the years, in general. I watched most of them as well (how can I not?) but find myself looking at them as an "alternate" view of the story. For some reason, I am unable to connect them into the movies to any real degree. On their own, I find them entertaining, but not cohesive.

Also, I was wondering if GL had any influencial moments between movies while watching one of these things? I know they can't make it ON to the set without his approval, but how deeply do you think he scrutinized them, or if he even looked at them?

Ponder...

Default Re: Has TV influenced the story?

Hmmm...well what series would you be referring to?
    I mean, when you look at it, there really has been only one series that had any real relation to the films and that would be the Clone Wars micro series from '05.
    Aside from that, the two Ewoks made for TV films seem totally seperate from the feature films as does the Holiday Special. What else am I missing?
    Oh, right, the Droids and Ewoks animated series. I'd say it's safe to assume they had no bearing on the film's as well.
    Now, with the new stuff on the horizon, from all indications, Lucas seems to be heavily involved and I believe he intends to have these new series (and 1 film) be very much a part of the cohesive SW universe.
    "Oh, what the :censored: happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you :censored: morons."

My Running Diaries of Star Wars: OT ; TPM ; AOTC ; ROTS

PSN ID: RollaFett

Jonan Mephi Guest

Allow me to re-phrase the question...

...if x / y = z then...wait no...

What I meant was, has seeing these series on tv affected OUR view of the movies? For instance, there are events that occur in CW that, for obvious reasons, you do not see in the films. Has this extra filling changed the way we view the overall? Do you find yourself watching the movies now and think "oh yeah, that makes sense (or not) based on the interim events in the tv series"?

Blog Entries

This new fella comes on board with some deep thoughts and thought provoking questions. :scratchchin:

He may yet be of some use to us.

Welcome to the Senate, Jonan. :welcome:
    Now what are you waiting for...fill out your blank profile!

Jonan Mephi Guest

Profile...profile...what prof....oh dang, you mean I can't shield myself from the senate like Sidius? Oh alright. I'll go fill it it out. And thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Hell, I knew it the first time I read it, but I managed to respond without actually responding to the question at hand. 'Doh!

Anyway, as for me, there simply isn't enough out there right now to alter my views on the films. The Clone Wars microseries is the only thing I can think of, right now, that exists and seems to be actually tied to the films in any real way. But it still doesn't seem to be tied directly enough to filter into my viewing of the films.
    "Oh, what the :censored: happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you :censored: morons."

My Running Diaries of Star Wars: OT ; TPM ; AOTC ; ROTS

PSN ID: RollaFett