Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LucasArts in 2008?

Default Re: LucasArts in 2007/08?

It wont but may affect future games
    Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

Darth Massacrus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus Fett View Post
    It wont but may affect future games
    Let's hope that doesn't include The Force Unleashed...

It wont! I meant future games after Unleashed.
    Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/26/lu...eam-after-all/

Even more layoffs. Goodbye to internal development at LucasArts.

Doze Guest

Default Re: LucasArts in 2008?

I don't know. I think this is just ways of Lucas getting new blood in to the system. Big projects are at the last stage and at the idea stage for others. Cut a little, we don't know if there are problems with some of these people or they are too expensive to hold until they have something to do again. There is a lot not being said here and milk is on the ground, the people getting the ax are crying. I will need to see a lot more then this to think some thing is up. Think about it. The last time anything big has come out of these people was in 2005 and now that that work is about to finally be done we are surprised that many of the top people that have not produced anything in 3 years are getting the boot. What's the big deal here?

Blog Entries

LucasArts are hiring though. In Singapore. Says a lot to me.

Blog Entries

Interesting interview over at:http://www.mixnmojo.com/features/rea...yisland&page=6

After that first Monkey Island game, I did some incidental work for Lucasfilm on Indiana Jones and the Lost Secret of Atlantis, (then referred to in-house as The Eternal Project), and a Star Wars game then in development which may or may not ever have been produced. At about that time, however, Lucasfilm Games Division was downgraded, (and however they spun it, that's what it was, a downgrade), to LucasArts, and moved off of Skywalker Ranch into an insurance office building full of cubicles in downtown San Raphael. A number of producers and designers there were 'made examples of' at that point, fired or put on probation like naughty children, etc. and the whole thing suddenly ceased to be the Jedi Rebellion, and became the Evil Empire instead. By that time there were lots of other entertainment software companies that wanted to do work for them, and feeling that the good days were down at Lucasfilm, I moved on to a freelance career with other lables that was very good to me until the 3-D revolution in the late 90s made everything I'd been 'famous' for irrelevant for a while.

Doze Guest

SoÖ LucasArts is a business that is making decision that employees donít like. What a cry baby.

Blog Entries

It's understandable given that they used to be one of the most respected game developers in the world, up there with Nintendo. It's just a real shame.

Darth Massacrus Guest

I gotta wonder: what happens to Lucasarts if The Force Unleashed fails to live up to it's hype? While I hope that doesn't happen, I'm still concerned about long awaited games like KOTOR III and Battlefront III, games that I'm afraid might never show up on store shelves if things really are going downhill at Lucasarts....

Even if Force Unleashed fails, we have the secret BioWare-Lucasarts game coming out which can save all.

8 more days for E3, hopefuly we will gets ome news then.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Darth Massacrus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Morridini View Post
    Even if Force Unleashed fails, we have the secret BioWare-Lucasarts game coming out which can save all.

8 more days for E3, hopefuly we will gets ome news then.
    I really hope so. The only thing that could stop me from buying the likely Kotor 3 is if it turns out to be a MMORPG, and or subscription based.

I am sure that TFU will not fail.
    Have a go at the Caption Cantina! http://galacticsenate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Darth Massacrus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Harrison View Post
    I am sure that TFU will not fail.
    I wouldn't worry too much. It's only one in a million odds that it will. I'm more worried about the future of the Battlefront and Kotor series...