Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Vergere

Default Re: Vergere

Indeed, and if you want somnething a bit more adult, go for Dark Times.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

IIRC, Vergere was a pretty important part of the picture in Rogue Planet.
    Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff . . .

badumchi

I haven't re-read that book yet, but I grow more intigued by the mention of her/its importance. As I hadn't ventured into the NJO at the time, I all but ignored non-core characters, focusing instead on Anakin and Obi-wan and Tarkin, etc.

Sounds like I missed half of the book in retrospect.

I guess I should stop by the Hindsight thread and participate in a discussion on closed-mindedness. LOL
    ROGUE SQUADRON
    ROGUE 3

Well I will just point out that I've enver read Rogue Planet, and I didn't feel like I ever missed out on anything. The NJO books do a good job of explainign what happened back then, having read RP would just have been a bonus.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Rogue Planet is my least favourite SW book so far (I have read up to ANH). I didn't like it at all. Vergere sounds like an interesting character though, it'll be interesting to see what happens with her later!
    Have a go at the Caption Cantina! http://galacticsenate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

^You liked Jedi Trial more than Rogue Planet??
    *goes back to check JMH's thread, which hasn't been updated in far too long*

sharyntyre Guest

Vergere became my (almost) favorite Jedi by the time I finished the NJO series. Alot of her philosophy rings with the same truths I'm learning in my personal spiritual walk. Now if only I could tap into the Force....

I'd Love to see a book, or two with her as the lead. Who was her master, who helped shape her beliefs about the Force, and the moral use of it? How did she become a trusted "pet" to a priestess among the Vong?

Why am I up at 430am?

Quote Originally Posted by Darill Cyllem View Post
    ^You liked Jedi Trial more than Rogue Planet??
    *goes back to check JMH's thread, which hasn't been updated in far too long*
    I think that I disliked Rogue Planet more, but Jedi Trial was more poorly written. I think the Rogue Planet thing is just personal taste. Yeah, I know, I have about 6 reviews to write for my thread. I certainly won't get round to writing any for at least another 10 days, I do know I need to revive it though!
    Have a go at the Caption Cantina! http://galacticsenate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Quote Originally Posted by sharyntyre View Post
    I'd Love to see a book, or two with her as the lead. Who was her master, who helped shape her beliefs about the Force, and the moral use of it? How did she become a trusted "pet" to a priestess among the Vong?
    That would be interesting.
    I hope Stover writes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Harrison View Post
    I think that I disliked Rogue Planet more, but Jedi Trial was more poorly written.
    Alright, fair enough. I couldn't get far enough past the writing in Jedi Trial to even think about the story. And i'd read the entire NJO before Rogue Planet, so I think that makes a big difference, too.
    And you do have lots of reviews to write! Get going! :whip:

I read "Legacy of the Force" before "The New Jedi Order" (I'm actually reading the "Force Heretic" trilogy at the moment), and I have to say, I'm having a hard time reconciling Vergere with what Lumiya said she was. Vergere was a Dark Jedi, perhaps, but as has been mentioned upthread, who would have trained Vergere in the ways of the Sith? (Or was it Sidious? I don't remember.)