PDA

View Full Version : Crud ..... Early Bird Kit missing it's UPC

Lemondrop
05-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Man ,
I ordered 2 kits from Walmart.com and have had them sitting here forever and finally got around to opening them for shipping them off to get the sets . Anyway , I get them opened and get the junk out and find out that I need the UPC's . I go to the garbage can and retrieve both blister packs to find one is missing a UPC .
One has the sticker with Yoda on it , the other is missing the sticker . Gotta call Hasbro tomorrow but Im pretty sure Im screwed out of $30 since it's been so long since I ordered and the fact that it's been torn open .
I emailed hasbro but Im just gonna call them tomorrow and find out what to do . I have to mail both kits in the same envelope anyway since both kits are on 1 receipt . Shame is if I had noticed the error , Ida left it sealed and sold it on ebay . Im sure someone would have paid more than the $30 for the thing with a missing sticker and Id not be worried about being screwed .

Horse_Head
05-12-2005, 08:46 PM
That is pretty cruddy... I hope you can remedy that Lemo

Kaken Osmex
05-12-2005, 10:22 PM
That sucks man, but there may be hope. My wife works at Wal Mart and does the return desk all the time. I told her about your situatuion and she suggested that you take it back to a brick and mortor store. She specified that you take everything that you have, invoice, opened blister pack et all and explain to them what happened and tell them that you only want to exchange it for the same thing that has the UPC code. Chances are that you can get a new one with everything that you need. Good luck!

Lemondrop
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Horse_Head@May 12 2005, 08:46 PM
That is pretty cruddy... I hope you can remedy that Lemo
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

Good News , Guess the Customer Service at Hasbro just got 2 notches higher in my book :

Recently you submitted a question to our Consumer Affairs team. Below is a summary of your question and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject
Early Bird Walmart offer

Discussion Thread
Response (V) 05/31/2005 12:43 PM
Hi Lemon,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your inquiry, we do require that you have both UPC codes, however, as long as you have the original packing slip, the one original UPC code and both original certficates, we will make a one time exception. You will be receiving a letter in the mail advising how to submit this information to redeem for both sets of figures.

Please do not to send anything in until you receive the letter as you will need to submit your order with the letter.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer (Lemondrop) 05/29/2005 09:18 AM
It did not have a UPC stuck to the inside of the plastic packaging . If I had bought it at Walmart and not online , there is no way they could have scanned it because the UPC was not there at all .
Response (V) 05/16/2005 12:43 PM
Hi Lemon,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro Inc with your inquiry.

In order to properly assist you, we need more information. Are you saying that the one Early Bird Special package you purchased didn&#39;t have a UPC code on it at all? Or did you throw it away?

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to assisting you with this request.
Auto-Response 05/12/2005 07:28 PM
An auto suggestion has been made to the consumer

Customer (Lemondrop) 05/12/2005 07:28 PM
Hello,
I purchased 2 early bird kits and need to mail them in . Tonight I opened them and discovered I need the UPC from the packages to get the figures . Only one of the packages has a UPC on it , a sticker that I removed . The other one has no UPC on it . Also , I purchased both from walmart.com and they included them both on the same recipt . So , is it possible to mail in BOTH cards in the same envelope and only 1 UPC for both cards since I have only 1 recipt and 1 UPC ?
If not , Im afraid Walmart will not take it on return since I had to about destroy the out packaging to remove the certificate packages .
If needed , you can call me at 3216367306 . I don&#39;t want to be stuck with a useless certificate if missing the UPC will do no good . Id also send the envelope from the 2nd package with the envelope full of the receipt and UPC + certs . Thanks , Lemon .

Kaken Osmex
06-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Awesome&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ok.gif

I&#39;m glad that it worked out for you man. I&#39;m just watching the mailbox for mine to come in. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

AdamatiumRage
06-10-2005, 02:15 AM
Im also waiting for mine&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif