PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Board Games

elscorcho96
02-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I have two vintage SW board games I purchased at a church rummage sale about ten years ago for about 25 cents each and was wondering if anyone knew the approximate value of each game.

The first board game is "Star Wars: The Ultimate Adventure Game" manufactured by Parker Brothers. The box features a drawing of Luke and Vader along with an X-Wing and TIE Fighter attacking each other. The box is in very good condition except for a slight rip on one edge, slightly smushed corners, residue from a price sticker (not sticky), and a little bit of either water or mold damage near the logo. The board has no visible damage whatsoever and still has a crisp feel to it. All the game tokens, cardboard cutouts, Force Card, and spinners are intact and in nearly mint condition. The cardboard insert with printed instructions is also in great condition except for two small dents on the upper left and lower right corners. The copyright date on the box is 1982.

The second board game is "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Hoth Ice Planet Adventure game" manufactures by Kenner. The box features a picture from the Hoth battle near a rebel base. The box isn't in quite as good condition as the previous one and has many visibile areas around the edges where the black has worn away, edges are slightly smushy, and there is one very small rip on the right side of the box. The board is in excellent condition and has no visible defects. I'm missing all four Millenium Falcon game tokens and four incident cards. I have all of the Force cards, the spinner (which is in good condition), and the original instruction book which is in nearly mint condition. The latest copyright I could find printed was 1980.

If you'd like me to I can provide scans of portions of any parts from the game, though the board and box are bigger than my scanner.

If anyone could help give me an approximate price vaue I&#39;d be very grateful. Thanks style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

jfreadjr
03-23-2005, 09:42 PM
According to my Star Wars Collectors Pocket Companion from the year 2000:

Hoth Planet Ice Adventure Game (Kenner 1980)..............&#036;25.00...mint condition

Star Wars: The Ultimate Adventure Game (Parker Bros. 1982)........&#036;30.00

i hope that helps you.