PDA

View Full Version : Book Collections

padme4ever
08-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I not only read the books, I collect them as well. Does anyone else do this or am I the only one? I do have pez dispensers, a lightsaber, and three ceramic mugs.

Kaken Osmex
08-22-2005, 02:22 AM
My wife introduced me to the idea of keeping books after I read them when we first met, dunno why I never thought of it before.

Now I have a hefty collection of Star Wars books, I wait until they come out in paperback though. LoE is the exception to the rule, I had to read that before Episode III came out.

Nairb
08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kaken Osmex@Aug 22 2005, 06:22 AM
My wife introdiced me to the idea of keeping books after I read them when we first met, dunno why I never thought of it before.

Now I have a hefty collection of Star Wars books, I wait until they come out in paperback though. LoE is the exception to the rule, I had to read that before Episode III came out.
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

I&#39;d never consider getting rid of any book that I have purchased, Star Wars or not. Most magazines, yeah, but when you drop &#036;7 for a book, darn sure it&#39;s being kept.

Kaken Osmex
08-22-2005, 01:57 PM
I had allways been a very poor reader to begin with, add to that the fact that reading was not an encouraged past time and there you have it. The few times that I did read a book the thought never occured to me that I may want to read it again sometime.

Now I have a small but respectable collection of Star Wars books. I also have all of the WIlliam Gibson books and a few Tom Clancy books that I picked up to try and branch out a bit.

Nairb
08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Kaken Osmex@Aug 22 2005, 05:57 PM
Now I have a small but respectable collection of Star Wars books. I also have all of the WIlliam Gibson books and a few Tom Clancy books that I picked up to try and branch out a bit.

I&#39;m not that major of a Clancy fan, but you&#39;re doing alright with Gibson, that&#39;s for darn sure. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

If you&#39;re interested in some similar-genre novels to Star Wars, let me know, and I&#39;d be happy to make some recommendations that I&#39;ve really enjoyed.

Horse_Head
08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
The only SW books I have are mainly Incredible Cross Sections and the like, or behind the scenes type stuff... none of novels though... but, yes, books are part of my collection, just a small part style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

JMAS
08-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I own all the Star Wars novels written with the exception of the X-wing series, and some of the prequel novels that I&#39;ve read, but just don&#39;t have the money to invest in purchasing them right now. Though I am going to be asking for the Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequel edition for my birthday style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Blizzard
08-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I have about 40 or more of the novels.

brookie
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
its all about the comics baby&#33; though i do have a few novels.

Queso
08-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Ever since buying Dark Journey, I have faithfully been collecting Star Wars boooks..however..not many of them are in good shape iI read them so much...

*misses her SW books*

Reel 2/Dialogue 2
08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Now I&#39;m about to show my age...

I&#39;ve been collecting the books since the original novelizations (even my "Adventures of Luke Skywalker" version has a corner banner saying "Best Film of the Year - Time Magazine"). The only vintage I&#39;m missing, other than a few kids&#39; books, is Lando Calrissian and the Flame of ThonBoka (sp?).

Since Zahn hit the scene, I&#39;ve been getting all the hardcovers (though I didn&#39;t get the Obi-Wan or Amidala Phantom Menace covers) and regulars that have shown up. Must be somewhere around 200 now. UNFORTUNATELY, I&#39;ve only had time to read 15 or so. I have every New Jedi Order book, but haven&#39;t read any of it yet. And yes, I even nab EVERY version of the novelizations that comes out (individual and trilogy).

Still missing X-Wing book 9, the Galaxies novel, the Republic Commando novel, some Galaxy of Fear, some Boba Fett, some Young Jedi Knights, some Junior Jedi Knights, and some Jedi Quest. But other than that, I&#39;m normal. : twitches :

Who chuckled? : points finger of blame :

Jedi Master 2k5
11-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I have been collecting the books for three to four years

empire21
11-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I&#39;ve been collecting and reading since the The Thrawn Trilogy style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ok.gif

Kapit
11-12-2005, 04:25 PM
for the last year or two i&#39;ve gotten all the SW novels as soon as they came out. before that, i&#39;d just get them at the library. i really dont think i&#39;ll be completing the entire collection soon, but i&#39;ve got a good amount

the only other group of books i collect is the jack ryan series of tom clancy novels, and i&#39;ve got 5 of them, i think

the c0unt
11-12-2005, 07:19 PM
<span style="font-family:Courier">Right now my book SW book collection includes:

Republic Commando: Hard Contact
Shatterpoint
The Cestus Deception
Labyrinth Of Evil (Hardcover)
Revenge Of The Sith (Hardcover)
Shadows Of The Empire
Heir To The Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command
Jedi Search
Dark Apprentice
Champions Of The Force
Darksaber
Before The Storm
Shield Of Lies
Tyrant&#39;s Test
Ambush At Corellia
Assault On Selonia
Showdown At Centerpoint
Specter Of The Past
Vecter Prime
Dark Tide I: Onslaught
Dark Tide II: Ruin
Agents Of Chaos I: Hero&#39;s Trial
Agents Of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
Balance Point
Edge Of Victory I: Conquest
Edge Of Victory II: Rebirth
Star By Star
Dark Journey
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
Enemy Lines II: Rebel Dream
Traitor
Destiny&#39;s Way
Force Heretic I: Remnant
Force Heretic II: Refugee
Force Heretic III: Reunion
The Final Prophecy
The Unifying Force
Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen

It&#39;s not very much I&#39;m afraid, but i hope by this time next year I&#39;ll have them all.</span>

Ithorian guy
11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I&#39;ve got about 90% of the novels. There are a few of the Bantam-era novels I don&#39;t have (for some reason I&#39;ve got all the crappier ones in hardback).

I also like to collect the older books. I have 2 copies of the gold cover original Star Wars paperback movie novelization, the original paperback for "Splinter of the Minds&#39; Eye", The blue covered Empire Strikes Back novelization, the Book Club edition of Return of the Jedi, and the 1980-somethingish first edition of the 3-in-1 Han Solo Adventures. I also have a buttload of comics.

Ithorian guy
11-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Reel 2/Dialogue 2@Aug 26 2005, 12:27 PM
Now I&#39;m about to show my age...

The only vintage I&#39;m missing, other than a few kids&#39; books, is Lando Calrissian and the Flame of ThonBoka (sp?).

I think you mean Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka

Jedi Master 2k5
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I&#39;ve been looking the shatterpoint and darksaber where did you find those?

Reel 2/Dialogue 2
11-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ithorian guy@Nov 12 2005, 10:57 PM
I think you mean Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka

I knew it had to be The Something of Something-Something... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Rise of Darth Vader comes next week&#33; Giggity-goo&#33;

karlosswan
11-20-2005, 10:01 AM
I have got all the books apart from the Jude Watson ones aimed at kids. Ive got a mixture of paperback and hardback. The sad thing is that I&#39;m moving house and dont have room for them anymore so i need to get rid of them....sob sob End of an Era&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif

Ithorian guy
11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master 2k5@Nov 17 2005, 02:36 PM
I&#39;ve been looking the shatterpoint and darksaber where did you find those?

Since they&#39;re newer books they&#39;re pretty easy to find. Just take a look at one of the larger bookstores.

I just recently got the 1979 Han Solo&#39;s Revenge hardback. And it was the bookclub edition to boot&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happydance.gif